Saturday, November 3, 2012

Two Days Til D-Day!


Tonight I went out to dinner with my parents for my birthday, since during the week it would be harder to get together. We went to my favorite Italian family style restaurant. I hadn't been there in so long and was so excited to be spending one of my last splurging nights there. I barely ate during the day so that I would be hungry and have an empty stomach for dinner. Why don't I ever learn that this a bad idea?

I had one piece of bread with butter before the appetizer came, which was fried calamari. I actually don't like it, so I waited patiently for the salad to come without eating more bread. So far, so good. I finished my entire salad and was happy, thinking maybe my stomach was filling up and I wouldn't do too much damage. Thennnn the main courses came. My eyes were certainly bigger than my stomach. I piled my plate with penne ala vodka (my all time favorite meal), chicken marsala, chicken scarpiello, and angel hair marinara with shrimp. I wasn't part of the clean plate club tonight, which I plead guilty of doing in the past, but I definitely ate too much. I could have done without dessert but honestly, I really wanted to blow out a candle as lame as that sounds. My dad told the waiter to bring out 2 or 3 things because I couldn't decide on anything. I got to make my wish, and had a small piece of chocolate mousse cake with strawberries.

On the way home, I could feel some things going on in my stomach. It HURT. This is like the second time in a week that it's hurt after eating out at a restaurant, (which is where I usually tend to go overboard). I don't like this feeling at all. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I can no longer eat whatever I want. I think it's time to add a probiotic into my daily routine. Do any of you take a probiotic? Does it help?

No comments:

Post a Comment