Sunday, November 11, 2012

Excuses, Excuses.


Why do people see the weekend as not only a mini vacation from work, but from our diets as well? It is so freaking hard for me to control myself sometimes, especially when going out to eat. I'm sorry, I don't want to go to a restaurant to eat a salad that I can make in my own home. Or have chicken with veggies. Going out to eat is a treat! "Come Monday, I'll go back to being good." How many times have you all said that one?

Friday night, Michael and I went to a really good pizza place after work. I ordered chicken marsala. "Side salad, or pasta?"  "Pasta, please!" What is wrong with me!? I was fully conscious of what I was ordering too. If I was really motivated, pasta wouldn't have even been considered. I ended up eating half of the chicken, but I sure did finish the angel hair.

Saturday night, my amazing friend Laura took me to dinner for my birthday. We got an appetizer of chips and spinach dip to share, I got a buffalo chicken sandwich for dinner (ate half), and chocolate fondue for dessert. SO. MUCH. FOOD. It's just so hard to be celebrating something, and not want to fully enjoy yourself. And for me, that involves food.

And today, I payed for all that overeating. Blehh. I almost felt hungover! I did go food shopping though  and now my fridge and pantry are filled with easily accessible healthier choices.

Tomorrow is my first official weigh in. I'm not sure how it's going to go with the damage I did this weekend, but we shall see! ::Fingers crossed!::

No comments:

Post a Comment