Monday, November 5, 2012

A Very Unhappy Birthday To Me.


Today I turned 27.

I feel very indifferent about it. First of all, I feel guilty celebrating anything while most of the tri-state area is working on getting their lives back together after Hurricane Sandy. Plus, I don't like getting older, (but then again, who does?) Every year comes more pressure, more responsibility, and more wrinkles.

The thing I WAS looking forward to, was today was the day I was going to start taking control of my life and my body. I woke up early, had some oatmeal and a banana for breakfast, with some green tea. Great start! My office has had no power for the last week, which meant no work for me! To make up some hours, one of my bosses said I could come in today for a little bit to organize my desk and clean up. Said he'd only need me til 1. That was perfect, this way I had time to do my first workout afterwards. I even wore my gym clothes there, that way I had no excuse. (Just a side note: I work in a physical therapist's office, and we have access to a full gym.) Well, when I walked into my office, we had power back, and since the power was back that meant there was work to be done. I got a big to-do list right away, plus a "Oh, and happy birthday." It was so busy and I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. (Do I get activity points for that?)

By 4:30pm, I was still buried in paperwork and I hadn't eaten or drank anything all day! We weren't closing until 7. There was no way I could make it til then, and if I did, I probably would have binged. Thankfully I didn't even have any junk in my desk to eat. I asked my boss if I could leave at 5, since it was my birthday and I hadn't expected to be there all day. Finally free!!!

Michael, my boyfriend, took me to California Pizza Kitchen for an early dinner since we were both starving. We got chicken lettuce wraps for an appetizer and I got a salad for dinner and only ate half. I DID track the WW points for everything and I went over by 4 points. Not good planning on my part.

I got on the scale at home this morning and it said 173.6 lbs. Very different than the scale at the doctor, but since this is the scale I will be using most, I am going to go by mine.

Tomorrow will be a better day! I will definitely get a workout in, plus I have tons of errands to do after work to keep me busy. As long as I stay busy, I won't be eating out of boredom!

WEIGHT: 173.6
WW POINTS: 34
OVER BY: 4
WEEKLY POINTS LEFT: 45

2 comments:

  1. Not sure what you plans are as far as weighing yourself are but the best time is in the morning right after the bathroom. scale should stay in the same spot too. I would also say to only do it one day a week for sanities sake.

    http://www.livestrong.com/article/514719-the-importance-of-weighing-yourself-weekly/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you! I'm sorry you had a crappy birthday though. :( *hugs!*

    ReplyDelete