Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm Alive, I Promise!

So sorry I've been MIA! 

Yesterday I had my rhinoplasty/septoplasty/turbinate reduction surgery. Wednesday night I got a phone call saying I had to be at the surgery center at 7 am. I woke up at 6 am to get ready. I had to shower with antibacterial soap, take out all my piercings (I have 11!), prepare my couch with a blanket, magazines and all my medicines. I was not nervous at all leading up to it, except for this morning. I was so nervous and nauseous, I was dry heaving until I got to the center. I was the first patient they were taking, THANK GOD, because waiting is the worst part. I was brought in to my room and asked to change into a stunning blue polyester robe, with a blue hair net, and bright blue booties. I looked GOOD.  


The anesthesiologist came in to give me the IV which relaxed me right away, and then they were ready. I literally walked into the OR, and got on to the table. All I remember is staring at the ceiling, and there were about 5 nurses in there running around and getting everything ready. Next thing I know, I crack my eyes open in the recovery room and my mom and Michael were walking in. I was SO confused and felt like SHIT. I had no idea that they were putting a tube in my throat during surgery, so my throat was killing me and my mouth was so dry. I could not keep my eyes open at all for about 2 hours. They literally just had to wait for me. I was finally well enough to get up and walk to the car. 

As soon as we got home, I got in my comfy spot on the couch and Michael made me a PB&J. Not the best thing to eat when you can barely move your face. I have a splint on my nose, stitches inside, and a gauze drip pad covering my nostrils that is taped to my face. I took a Percocet but it didn't do anything, so I took another one and I was able to sleep for a little bit. My throat is so raspy and my nose is so so congested, it's hard to eat, drink or speak. I'm not taking the pain killers today anymore because I don't want to get sick, so I switched to Tylenol. 

So today is day 2. I haven't eaten much today because I have no appetite. I'm really weak, and to top it all off, my monthly friend decided to pay an early visit! 

Besides the cramps, I actually don't have that much pain. My nose doesn't hurt, it's just uncomfortable. My throat is doing a little better, as long as I chew gum or something throughout the day to keep it moist. I'm really swollen, but am no where near as bruised as I expected. It's just a little black and blue under one eye. Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst day, and then it will slowly get better. 

The splint comes off on Tuesday, and I was told they will vacuum all the shit out so I can breathe. Sounds delicious. 

Anyway, here is what I look like right now. And as you can see, I am THRILLED.


It could be a lot lot worse, so I'm trying not to complain, but I swear if Aunt Flo didn't come to town early, I wouldn't be as miserable. 

Til tomorrow!

1 comment: