Wednesday, November 7, 2012

If At First You Don't Succeed..


Man, I picked the worst week to try and get my healthy eating back on track.

Since celebrating my birthday at work was a bust on Monday, my coworker friends made up for it on Tuesday. They got me some gift cards, and a Diamond Candle! They are so awesome. I wanted one for so long! It's a nice big, soy candle and they come in so many different scents. The fun part: inside each candle is a ring worth either $10, $100, $1000 or $5000! I've been burning mine every chance I get so I can get to the ring faster. It's the little things in life people..

Anyway, usually with birthdays at work, that means baked goods are very accessible. A few weeks ago, when asked what kind of dessert I would like, I picked cheesecake. But since I decided to change my ways, I mentioned last week that I would prefer something like chocolate covered strawberries. A little healthier, but still indulgent! Well due to the storm, and people having no power etc, no one had time to make them, which was fine!!! But they did bring in a chocolate layer cake, with chocolate mousse, covered in chocolate ganche! Then my other friend baked Funfetti cookies with Funfetti frosting on top! What was I supposed to do? Say, 'Thanks, but no thanks!'? It was really nice of them to bring in anything for me at all! So I had a piece of cake yesterday, and today I had 3 of the cookies =\ Not my finest moments.

On a more positive note, I DID workout yesterday! I wasn't entirely in the mood, so I asked my boyfriend if he could train me. Give me a little push. Ok… Yes. My boyfriend is a personal trainer. I can just imagine your eyes going wide. "You live with a personal trainer, and still managed to become overweight?! How lazy are you!?" Judge all you want, but when you're comfortable talking back to your trainer, it doesn't make for such effective sessions. When Michael and I were first dating, him training me was fun and a way for us to be flirty and get to know each other. I was also in much better shape back then. Now that we're so comfortable with each other, he tells me to drop and give him twenty, and I tell him to shove it. He ended up taking me through a 15 minute circuit arms routine and because I didn't drink enough water, I felt like throwing up. After a hissy fit that almost turned into a full blown tantrum, I convinced him to let me stop. He said he was never training me again. Yeah, yeah..

I hopped on an exercise bike after the nausea passed and did an interval course for 20 minutes. I was actually sweaty! I have to give Michael credit though, because today my arms and shoulders are SORE. So the guy knows what he's doing.. (sorry babe!)

Today I had another awful day at work, got stuck coming home in rush hour traffic during a nor'easter, and had my windshield wipers die when I was 15 minutes from home. By the time I got home, I was starving and what did I do? Went straight for the Doritos. Dinner was no where near ready and all the fruit I had in the house, I had brought to work. In fact there aren't too many healthy, ready-to-eat snacks in our apartment because of the hurricane.

Tomorrow is another day, right?

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the workout! Don't let yesterday's struggles get you down, you're completely right - today is a new day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday is gone, you cant change it. The best you can do is be 1% better today than you were yesterday

    ReplyDelete