Sunday, December 30, 2012

Scale Surprises!


How many of you all have done this? "Oh! I lost ___ lbs, well I certainly deserve a treat!" BAD!

I shouldn't be yelling at you though, because I am extremely guilty of doing this.

I decided a few days ago that I am going to try to stay away from wheat products. I am highly allergic to grass, and since wheat is a form of grass, I figure it couldn't be good for my stomach/insides. NOTE: I am not going carb-free!! Still eating fruit, and potatoes, etc.. So far it's been 4 days. I can't really tell if I feel any differently, but I heard it takes 1-2 weeks to really feel a change. I haven't gotten on the scale in weeks because honestly, I've been feeling pretty chunky. You know that phase where all you can fit into is sweatpants or leggings, but you have to wear a really baggy shirt to hide your love handles? Yeah, that's where I'm at right now. Last night I wore jeans to my uncle's birthday party and all I wanted to do was open the button so that my FUPA could breathe. (If you don't know what a FUPA is, please look it up.)

I didn't eat too bad at the party. Had a decent amount of cheese, fruit, veggies and shrimp cocktail. Honestly, that was most of what I consumed the whole night. I drank water, and had half a piece of ice cream cake for dessert. Not terrible.

Since I've been feeling pretty pudgy, I decided I should get on the scale this morning, just to see what I'm dealing with here. The screen blinked… 168.5

Wait, what?

Down from 175?

I thought I was just imagining things. I was waiting for the scale to sprout arms and legs and start dancing. "Hahahaha, I was just kidding!"

I should be happy about this, but I'm honestly not. I don't FEEL thinner. I certainly don't look it. I have no idea how this happened. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning as well, just to compare.
But to get back to where I started this post… Since I was down so much today, I "rewarded" myself with Burger King. SO BAD! I need to learn how to reward myself with non food items.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a safe, fun and happy new year! Looking forward to making some changes, and being more positive!

1 comment: