Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Weekend Recap and Proof That I Am Getting Old!

This weekend I ended up being really productive! On Saturday, Mike had to work all day which left me home to entertain myself. Since I can't work out still, I was trying to figure out something I could do to be active besides walk on the treadmill. Well I did some googling and youtubing and found a little ballet workout that was intended for women who just had a baby, so it was pretty low key. I was pretty excited about it, because I did ballet for a while, and on the website there were a couple of different workouts posted. This particular one was about 35 minutes long, and all you needed was a chair to act as the barre :) I was so into it, I even wore my thigh high leg warmers! I definitely thought that I looked like this:

But really I probably looked like this:


Trust me, if I had a tutu, I probably would've worn it too…

Anyway, I did about 10 minutes of the routine and then my dear friend called me. We chatted for a good half an hour and then I went back to the video. By the time I was done, I was actually sweaty and my heart rate was pretty high! (That's also because I'm severely out of shape.)

On Sunday we went to Michael's new gym to paint it before his equipment gets delivered. I painted for a few hours and that's more activity than the Sunday I was planning on having! Well, because it was freezing in the gym, I ended up hurting my back pretty bad. (I'm currently sitting here with an IcyHot patch on my back. Waaahh!) I don't know if it was just from the painting, or the painting/ballet combo I experienced this weekend. I had my physical therapist boss take a look at me and he said my back was "stuck in extension", whatever that means. So now I have to wait til I feel better to do anything else. Awesome.

After painting, we had tickets to the Greatest Chefs of Long Island at Crest Hollow Country Club. It was basically 2 huge rooms set up with different booths of all really popular restaurants. They each had one or 2 mini plates of popular items to sample. Michael had a field day, but I had a hard time because like, 75% of everything was meat. I had one salmon plate, one sushi plate, one risotto, and the rest was all dessert. Oh, you bet I sampled every dessert booth there. Salted caramel gelato = PURE ORGASMIC DELICIOUSNESS.

I was supposed to get my BodyMedia arm band delivered today and was so excited, but it never got taken off the truck and I have to wait another day or 2. Soooo, I'm treating myself to some homemade chocolate chip cookies tonight and watching the original Rudolph. Let's not forget my hot pink, floor length terrycloth robe and fuzzy leopard print blankie. Snooki would be proud.


4 comments:

  1. I just love your pictures. Where do you get thigh high leg warmers? Also, salted caramel gelato? OMG. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got the leg warmers at H&M a few years ago. Sometimes I wear them under pants when it's super cold out. :)

      Delete
  2. Is that really what Snooki looks like these days? She looks almost anorexic in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't know how she can lose all that weight and I can't.

      Delete