Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


And so today begins another new year. A fresh start. A clean slate.

Most of us, especially women, use this time to make promises to ourselves that we've all made every New Years Day in the past. And most of us in the past, have failed at keeping those promises. So why do we not succeed? Maybe we're being a little too hard on ourselves. Saying things like, "I'm gonna go to the gym everyday!" or "I'm going to lose 50 pounds this year!, makes it extremely easy to fail!

Things happen... Life happens.

Maybe we should be focusing on the little things, that in the end will add up to much more positive results. Try something like, "I am going to drink more water everyday." or "I will make more of an effort to plan my meals at home, instead of eating out frequently". These promises are easier to keep, and will give you results in the long run.

So with that being said, these are some of my resolutions for this year:
1. Take a probiotic every morning.
2. Wash my makeup off every night, no matter how tired I am.
3. Cook more, and bring lunch to work instead of ordering food.
4. No more sweets after breakfast.
5. Be more positive and have more patience.
6. Keep my apartment clean.
7. Be a better friend.
8. Don't spend money just because I have it.
9. Bake more often, to be creative.. not just to eat!
10. Eat more BALANCED meals.

You don't have to be perfect everyday, you just have to make an effort to be a little bit better than yesterday!

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I think you're an awesome friend! I think those are all great goals though. I take a probiotic twice a day (as advised by my dietitian) and it seems to be a positive thing for me.

    ReplyDelete