Thursday, December 6, 2012

This Kind of Blows.


WARNING: THE FOLLOWING BLOG POST CONSISTS OF NO HOLDING BACK DETAILS REGARDING AUNT FLOW, AKA THE RED RIVER, AKA THE CRIMSON WAVE. CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK. GOT IT?

OK, I can't speak for all women obviously, but I get the WORST freaking PMS symptoms. For the entire week before I actually GET my period, I:
- am severely bloated to the point where I look pregnant 
- have food cravings 
- a bottomless pit stomach 
- bad skin
- either sad or mad PMS (I either cry at the drop of a hat, or snap at everyone. I feel like I alternate every month)
- awful, intense nauseating cramps where I don't know whether I want to vomit or faint.

Then when it actually comes, I have the same symptoms just not as intense. The only thing that is consistent, is the bloating. I'm talking like, 5-8 pounds extra of water. That means for every 4 weeks of the month, for 2 of them I am noticeably heavier. That's half the year. For half of every year, until I hit menopause I will look fatter than I actually am. How is that fair?!

"Make sure you drink lots of water!" Um, yeah. ALL I drink is water. 

It's horse shit! It really is. For every other fourteen days, all I want is sweatpants, carbs, a heating pad, and a blanket. How the hell am I supposed to be motivated to work out or eat healthy when I feel like that for HALF MY ADULT LIFE!? UGH!!!!!!!

End rant.

P.S. I'm not using mother nature as an excuse at all. I'm just saying it sucks bloody balls to have that added to the mix of everything. Just sayin'.

1 comment: